R&A Properties, LLC
2881 Commerce Park Dr. Fitchburg WI 53719
We take the safety of our tenants seriously. Here are some of our code measures and extra safety items...
- A very large extinguisher with 8 pounds of extinguishing agent for all types of fires (ABC). Fire extinguishers are attached to the wall at the front and rear exits. How to use:
- simple fire extinguisher training technique to use for the tenants is the PASS method:
- Pull the pin on the extinguisher.
- Aim the hose nozzle low toward the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the handle to release the extinguishing agent.
- Sweep the nozzle from side to side at the base of the flames until extinguished.
- Leave the apartment and notify others in the house for large fire, a life is more important than fire damage.
- Automatic door closers on every exterior door.
- All night lighting in parking lots and behind the building.
- Rigid galvanized exhaust pipe is used for all clothes dryers in each place. Vinyl or aluminum flexible ducting is never used.
- All water heaters are power vented out the side of the building. This water heater will not run if the power vent fails to exhaust the combustion gases.
- All electrical services have a minimum of 200 amps 3-phase.
- Electrical outlets are added to avoid the use of extension cords and power strips.
- The kitchens and bathrooms have every outlet with a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI or GFI) to prevent dangerous, even lethal electrical shock.
- Carbon monoxide detectors are on every floor.
- Furnace air filters are changed with a HEPA air filter every 90 days. A dirty filter pumps the unit full of dirt and allergens and it causes the furnace to be inefficient.
- All windows are double glazed and tempered. This also adds insulation.
We continually make improvements and keep up with the building codes. We personally maintain our properties with improvements and safety measures that are well beyond what the city of Fitchburg expects from these buildings. We strive to make everything safe for our tenants and we will go to any length to do so. We always welcome new and better ideas.